Dental Abrasions El Segundo, CA
Are you suffering from unsightly tooth wear and tear? Dental abrasions can not only have a negative impact on your oral health and comfort, but also on your confidence.
At El Segundo Modern Dentistry, we understand how distressing an unappealing and uncomfortable tooth abrasion can be. That is why we provide specialized dental abrasion treatment to guarantee your smile looks and feels great.
What Are Dental Abrasions?
Dental abrasions are abnormal wear on a tooth's surface. A dental abrasion typically appears as a v-shaped indent on the bottom of your tooth, near your gums. Many factors and habits can cause dental abrasions, including:
- Habitual use of a hard-bristle toothbrush
- Using excessive force when brushing teeth
- Regularly drinking or eating highly acidic foods or beverages
- Lip or tongue piercings that scratch against your teeth
- Dentures with improperly fitted dental clasps