Request Appointment for Wisdom Tooth Removal
Wisdom Tooth Removal El Segundo, CA
Are you suffering from uncomfortable wisdom tooth pain? Wisdom tooth extractions are often a vital treatment for maintaining your oral health, appearance, and comfort.
At El Segundo Modern Dentistry, we know just how important your smile and time are to you. That is why we ensure that your wisdom tooth or teeth are removed gently and safely, while also minimizing your recovery time. We offer the safest, gentlest, and most efficient wisdom tooth removal so you can maintain your beautiful smile without having to put your life on hold.
What Is Wisdom Tooth Extraction?
Wisdom tooth removal is a procedure in which we extract one or more wisdom teeth. This treatment is both very common and can be very important to your overall oral health. Failure to remove wisdom teeth can lead to some very serious complications including:
- Teeth crowding – Teeth crowding can cause pain, damage to your other teeth and can even undo the work of braces.
- Impacted wisdom tooth – An impacted wisdom tooth occurs when the wisdom tooth either stays underneath the surface of your gums or only partially breaks through. An impacted wisdom tooth can cause pain, swelling, and infection.
- Sinus issues – Emerging wisdom teeth can cause sinus pressure, pain, or congestion.
Benefits of Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Prevents possible infections and teeth crowding
- Eliminates any pain or swelling caused by a wisdom tooth
- Restores your comfort
- Helps maintain the appearance of your stunning smile
How Is a Wisdom Tooth Removed?
We will first welcome you to our comfortable office for your free consultation, which will include necessary x-rays and an examination. Our highly experienced Dr. Omid Barkhordar will then work with you to develop a tailored treatment plan designed to maximize comfort and minimize recovery time.
On the day of your procedure, we will first administer the desired sedation option to ensure your complete comfort. Dr. Barkhordar will then carefully and expertly make an incision in your gum. The tissue connecting the wisdom tooth to the bone will then be gently removed, followed by the wisdom tooth. We will apply self-dissolving sutures and gauze to minimize bleeding and to keep out debris and bacteria. You will be given medication and detailed instructions to ensure a quick and comfortable recovery.
Learn More About Wisdom Tooth Extraction!
Call us today at (424) 277-2671 and find out if it’s time to remove your wisdom teeth.