Request Appointment for Dental Abrasions
Dental Abrasions El Segundo, CA
Are you suffering from unsightly tooth wear and tear? Dental abrasions can not only have a negative impact on your oral health and comfort, but also on your confidence.
At El Segundo Modern Dentistry, we understand how distressing an unappealing and uncomfortable tooth abrasion can be. That is why we provide specialized dental abrasion treatment to guarantee your smile looks and feels great.
What Are Dental Abrasions?
Dental abrasions are abnormal wear on a tooth’s surface. A dental abrasion typically appears as a v-shaped indent on the bottom of your tooth, near your gums. Many factors and habits can cause dental abrasions, including:
- Habitual use of a hard-bristle toothbrush
- Using excessive force when brushing teeth
- Regularly drinking or eating highly acidic foods or beverages
- Lip or tongue piercings that scratch against your teeth
- Dentures with improperly fitted dental clasps
Symptoms of Dental Abrasions
Dental abrasions can seriously harm your oral health and confidence in your smile. Abrasions can progress to harming the tissue and nerves of your tooth and lead to tooth decay. Some symptoms that indicate you may be suffering from dental abrasions are:
- Increased tooth sensitivity to hot or cold
- Tooth pain
- The appearance of small, v-shaped indents on the bottom of your tooth
- Sore or tender gums
Ways to Help Prevent Dental Abrasions
With our state-of-the-art technology and our highly trained Dr. Barkhordar, we are prepared to gently and effectively treat any dental abrasion you may suffer from. There are also habits you can implement to help prevent any further dental abrasions such as:
- Always using a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Avoiding brushing too hard, and following Dr. Barkhordar’s advice on proper tooth brushing techniques
- Refraining from biting your nails or chewing on objects such as pencils
- Ensuring your dental appliances fit properly
- Going in for your routine dental checkup every six months
Don’t Continue to Suffer from a Dental Abrasion!
Call us at (424) 277-2671 and find out if dental abrasion treatment is right for you!